Revision as of 08:46, 27 March 2011 by 184.108.40.206
Documentation contributed by users
Bernstein's Orginal Documentation
- Sendmail Migration
- Installing mini-qmail
- Building A POP Toaster
- The qmail pictures
- Precompiled Var-Qmail Packages
- Dan Bernstein's FAQ
- Dan's FAQ in different formats
- Dan's FAQ in Spanish
- Chris Johnson wrote something called The qmail newbie's guide to relaying, which is supposed to answer most of the relaying questions that come across the qmail list.
- Life with qmail by Dave Sill
- Larry Engleman has a Qt GUI installer.
- Bill Shupp has Bill's Linux Qmail Toaster for easy installation on Linux boxes, including some rpm and apt hints. Great for Debian users.
- Gentoo has qmail in portage and guide
- Michael has webmail-guide for distributions
- qmail rocks has rpm files for easy virtual hosting environment
- Linuxpourtous has a script to facilitate the installation of qmail and its tools
- Miguel Beccari and Nick Hemmesch created qmailtoaster RPMS
- TNPI company created mail::toaster
- qmail toaster for Redhat 9.0
- Full Qmail toaster for Debian Lenny 5.0
- qmail server walkthrough for Debian, Redhat, and Slackware (with many addon management, av, and antispam tools)
- qmail books from amazon.com
- qmail-HOWTO by Adam McKenna
- Godshell qMail Toaster Wiki - A complete qmail based email server with plugin support. Site includes an extensive knowledge base of additional topics.
- You can also buy commercial support, If you are unable to install qmail
- There is also news.comp.mail.qmail
- Remember to read all documentation from qmail.org
- Dave Sill has written Life with qmail.
- Patrick contributes an xinetd configuration for qmail-pop3d.
- Qmail-VmailMgr-Courier-SquirrelMail installation guide, written by Konstantin Riabitsev.
- Looking for information on how to add a disclaimer to your outgoing email?
- Andrew St. Jean describes his qmail configuration and its integration with SquirrelMail, Courier IMAP, and TMDA.
- Chandrashelkhar Joshi is running courier-imap under daemontools.
- Kris Kelley has Gentoo installation instructions.
- Jeffrey Clement wrote up a Debian HOWTO on setting up qmail, Vmailmgr, CourierIMAP, SpamAssassin, and ezmlm.
- Sylvestre Ledru wrote a big howto about the installation a full qmail server with imap, antispam, antivirus, stats, webmail, etc.
- Sylvestre Ledru wrote some bits on using spam assassin with qmail.
- Roberto Lacava has Italian installation instructions for qmail on Red Hat 9.
- Erwin Hoffmann has compiled a tutorial about SMTP Authentication which is available in english language. Readers will find an updated version of Krysztof Dabrowski's SMTP Auth patch which should cleanly interface with eg. netqmail-1.04.
- Larry M. Smith has written instructions for using qmail as a honeypot.
- Sumanth NS has a qmail + UUCP how-to.
- Control files documentation Qmail-control-files
- Chris Beach has written notes on automating Spam Assassin's learning process on QMail/Plesk installations, and mail filtering using procmail and QMail
- Roberto Puzzanghera has written an HOWTO, which explains how to put together the latest versions of netqmail, vpopmail, dovecot, roundcube webmail, spamassassin, clamav, simscan and some related software.
- Dave Kitabjian has some diagnostic suggestions for various qmail problems on his Q-Cards page.
- Philip Jacob wrote up some instructions on using checkpoppasswd to create virtual users on virtual hosts, accessing their mail via pop3.
- Ciprian has three benchmark articles comparing sendmail, qmail, and PostFix.
- Paul Gregg has written instructions on how to configure qmail to handle many mail users (multiple email addresses) with separate POP3 accounts - without using system accounts.
- Translations of Life with qmail by Dave Sill
- Djalil Chafaï has written «Introduction à qmail», an introduction to qmail for french speaking users.
- Erwin Hoffmann was supposed to give a German-language QMAIL presentation at a congress of the German Unix User Group (GUUG) (http://www.guug.de). However, the whole congress was canceled thus the presentation is more or less "virtual".
- Davide Giunchi has written an Italian qmail HOWTO, this Italian language document explains how to install, configure and run qmail. This isn't a translation of the English "qmail howto" but is written from scratch.
- Oliver Lehmann has written a German FreeBSD qmail-howto. Steven Fettig has translated Chapters 1-4 into English.
- Ismail Yenigul has written a Turkish qmail-howto.
- Martin Östlund has written a Swedish qmail-howto
- Rene Schleicher has written a qmail/vpopmail Installation HOWTO in German.
- Daniele Ripanti and Marco Rocchetti have written a HOWTO in Italian describing a qmail installation on FreeBSD with POP3, IMAP, Mailing list, Antivirus, Antispam support and webmail.
- Reza Gamal has written a qmail & vpopmail installation guide in Indonesian.
- Michel Morelli is running an Italian-language list.
- Paul Niewiadomski has translated man pages into Polish. Actually, he's Pawe³ Niewiadomski, but you need an 8859-2 character set to properly render his name. I can't wait for UTF-8 to be supported everywhere.
- Marco Tizzoni has translated Life With Qmail into Italian.
- Mário Gamito has some Portuguese documentation.
- Asfihani has written Installing Qmail With vmailmgr and [http://www.layangan.com/asfik/writings/qmail-vpopmail.html vpopmail in Indonesian language. He also covers omail admin, courier-imap and squirrelmail.
- Frank Niedermann has written a HowTo install qmail on Debian in German language.
- Roberto Puzzanghera has written an English/Italian HOWTO, which explains how to put together the latest versions of netqmail, vpopmail, dovecot, roundcube webmail, spamassassin, clamav, simscan and some related software.
information on the book is available on John's page.
- Erwin Hoffmann is writing a book in German on qmail, called Qmail&co. Unfortunately, the book has been cancelled by the publisher.
- Samuel Prakoso and Tomy and Onno Purbo have written a qmail book in Indonesian
- Florian Schiessl points out his Qmail, vpopmail, qmailadmin, ... Howto for Debian woody
- Ricardo Oliveira and Mario Gamito have written a qmail book in Portuguese entitled Como instalar um servidor completo de email.
- Sulamita Garcia wrote some Portugese qmail documentation. It descries how to run Qmail + vpopmail + squirrelmail + courierImap + qmailAdmin + SMTP-Qmail-auth + RBLSMTP.
- Baris Simsek, Ismail Yenigul and Huzeyfe Onal have written a new Qmail Book in Turkish http://www.acikakademi.com/catalog/qmail/