Revision as of 23:05, 2 February 2005 by 22.214.171.124
Documentation contributed by users
- Michael Samuel collected some documentation for qmail. It is no longer accessible and is not being maintained. Arjen van Drie has a mirror.
- Paul Gregg has written instructions on how to configure qmail to handle many mail users (multiple email addresses) with separate POP3 accounts - without using system accounts.
- Djalil Chafaï has written «Introduction à qmail», an introduction to qmail for french speaking users.
- Chris Johnson wrote something called The qmail newbie's guide to relaying, which is supposed to answer most of the relaying questions that come across the qmail list.
- Adam D. McKenna has written a qmail HOWTO.
- Dave Sill has written Life with qmail.
- Erwin Hoffmann was supposed to give a German-language QMAIL presentation at a congress of the German Unix User Group (GUUG) (http://www.guug.de). However, the whole congress was canceled thus the presentation is more or less "virtual".
- Dave Kitabjian has some diagnostic suggestions for various qmail problems on his Q-Cards page.
- Philip Jacob wrote up some instructions on using checkpoppasswd</a> to create virtual users on virtual hosts, accessing their mail via pop3.
- Davide Giunchi has written an Italian qmail HOWTO, this Italian language document explains how to install, configure and run qmail. This isn't a translation of the English "qmail howto" but is written from scratch.
- Oliver Lehmann has written a German FreeBSD qmail-howto. Steven Fettig has translated Chapters 1-4 into English.
- Patrick contributes an xinetd configuration for qmail-pop3d.
- Ismail Yenigul has written a Turkish qmail-howto.
- Qmail-VmailMgr-Courier-SquirrelMail installation guide, written by Konstantin Riabitsev.
- Martin Östlund has written a Swedish qmail-howto
- Rene Schleicher has written a qmail/vpopmail Installation HOWTO in German.
- Looking for information on how to add a disclaimer to your outgoing email?
- Daniele Ripanti and Marco Rocchetti have written a HOWTO in Italian describing a qmail installation on FreeBSD with POP3, IMAP, Mailing list, Antivirus, Antispam support and webmail.
- Reza Gamal has written a qmail & vpopmail installation guide in Indonesian.
- Michel Morelli is running an Italian-language list.
- Paul Niewiadomski has translated [http://iidea.pl/~paweln/tlum/qmail-doki.tar.bz2 man pages into Polish</a>.</a> Actually, he's Pawe³ Niewiadomski, but you need an 8859-2 character set to properly render his name. I can't wait for UTF-8 to be supported everywhere.
- Marco Tizzoni has translated Life With Qmail into Italian.
- Mário Gamito has some Portuguese documentation.
- Asfihani has written Installing Qmail With vmailmgr and [http://www.layangan.com/asfik/writings/qmail-vpopmail.html vpopmail in Indonesian language. He also covers omail admin, courier-imap and squirrelmail.
- Ciprian has three benchmark articles comparing sendmail, qmail, and PostFix.
- Andrew St. Jean describes his [http://www.arda.homeunix.net/mailsetup.shtml qmail configuration and using qmail's null client, Courier IMAP, and TMDA.
- Chandrashelkhar Joshi is running courier-imap under daemontools.
- Kris Kelley has Gentoo installation instructions.
- Frank Niedermann has written a HowTo install qmail on [http://www.cargal.org/downloads/HOW-TO/debianqmail/debianqmail.html Debian in German language.
- Jeffrey Clement wrote up a Debian HOWTO on setting up qmail, Vmailmgr, CourierIMAP, SpamAssassin, and ezmlm</a>.
- Sylvestre Ledru wrote some bits on using spam assassin with qmail.
- Roberto Lacava has Italian installation instructions for qmail on Red Hat 9.
- Erwin Hoffmann has compiled a tutorial about SMTP Authentication which is available in english language. Readers will find an updated version of Krysztof Dabrowski's SMTP Auth patch which should cleanly interface with eg. netqmail-1.04.
- Larry M. Smith has written instructions for using qmail as a honeypot.
- Sumanth NS has a qmail + UUCP how-to.