qmail-ldap is modified qmail-1.03 to support user account information stored in an LDAP directory created by André Oppermann.
The website for qmail-ldap is located at http://www.nrg4u.com/.
- The qmail-LDAP official documentation is at http://www.nrg4u.com/qmail/QLDAPINSTALL.
- The "answers to frequently-asked questions" are on FAQ.
Details from the qmail-ldap website
An add-on to stock qmail-1.03 to get all user account information from an LDAP database. It primary target are mail servers POP toaster with huge numbers of users (from thousands up to millions) which are usually found at ISPs and Enterprises. These millions users are actually true and confirmed! qmail-ldap is in full production use at many large ISPs and Enterprises.
Some of it's greatest features:
- Users and virtual domains in an LDAP database
- No local accounts needed
- Perfect for ISP's to build POP toasters
- Native mail server clustering
- Supports size quotas on user maildirs
- Automatic creation of home- and maildir's
- Handles replies with new qmail-reply
- Extensive logging in qmail-smtpd and qmail-pop3d
- Supports tarpitting (based on a patch by Chris Johnson)
- Supports OpenLDAP 2.x, Novell NDS
- Includes extensive Antispam-Features
- Supports automatic maildir creation when the first mail arrives
- Support for SHA, SSHA, MD5, SMD5, MD4 and RIPE-MD160
- Support for NS-MTA-MD5 encrypted passwords used by Netscape Mailserver up to version 2.xx (and later if you simply upgraded).
- It also supports the password format used by Software.com's Post.Office
- Support for TLS (SSL) encrytion of SMTP mail transport (based on a patch by Frederik Vermeulen)